SEPTA Fare Collection at Jefferson Station
As part of the rollout of the SEPTA Key fare program, all of the Center City Regional Rail Stations (Jefferson, Suburban, 30th Street, University City, and Temple) now have fareline gates, turnstiles, and ADA entrances. Customers traveling from these stations must have a fare that can be tapped or swiped at the turnstiles before they go down to the train platforms.
On weekdays (Monday-Friday), fares are paid at the fareline between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Before 6:00 a.m. and after 8:00 p.m. fares can be purchased on board the train from the Conductor.
One weekends (Saturday & Sunday), prepaid fares are inspected at the fareline by SEPTA Key Ambassadors between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. They will not punch or collect tickets but you must present a fare before going to the platform. The Conductors on the train will collect/punch tickets and inspect passes.
Customers with cash should purchase a ticket at the Station Sales Office before going to the fareline.
The following fares are accepted for travel on Regional Rail:
- SEPTA Key Card with a Weekly/Monthly or One Day Independence Pass – tap at the turnstile
- SEPTA Key Senior Card – tap at the turnstile
– Or a current Driver’s License (with a magnetic stripe on the back that can be swiped at the fareline)
– Seniors traveling to/from a Regional Rail Station in Pennsylvania now travel free at all times
– Seniors traveling to/from a Regional Rail Station in New Jersey or the State of Delaware pay 50% of the weekday fare with a valid ID
- SEPTA Key Reduced Fare Card
– Reduced Fare customer pays 50% of the weekday fare with a SEPTA Key Reduced Fare Card
- Legacy SEPTA Pass – swipe at the turnstile
- SEPTA Ticket – discounted price tickets can be purchased in advance at a SEPTA Ticket Office. Fares purchased on board the train are not discounted
Don’t forget – a SEPTA TransPass has ANYWHERE travel privileges on Weekends and major Regional Rail holidays.
For more information, visit septa.org.